We are always on the look out for great people:
We are always interested in a fresh perspective and a proactive approach. In two and a half years we have grown from two to ten, with both full time and part time team members. If you like the sound of what we do here at Atlas Partners, please get in touch with your CV and a covering letter to tell us what you think you might bring to our team. We're currently looking for a new Senior Consultant with a public affairs background. You can find out more about our current vacancy, our values and what its like to work at Atlas below ....
Are you an established account manager looking to step up?
Our aim is to build the happiest communications agency in London and we want you to help us. Great word of mouth amongst clients and some exciting new business wins mean we are looking for a super-star account handler, who is ready to step up to senior level. We're offering the opportunity to be a big fish in a "boutique"-sized pond with a genuine commitment to investing in you.
This new Senior Consultant role would see you managing an interesting portfolio of clients, support new business efforts and challenge and inspire your colleagues to be the best version of themselves. In return you will join a talented, happy team, get to shape your role and our growth plans, receive excellent benefits, bespoke training and a collegiate working environment. We are open to part-time applications and offer flexible working to all our staff.
The role: Senior Consultant (Account Director)
This new role would see you managing an interesting portfolio of clients, support new business efforts and challenge and inspire your colleagues to be the best version of themselves. In return you will join a talented, happy team, get to shape your role and our growth plans, receive excellent benefits, bespoke training and a collegiate working environment. We are open to part-time applications and offer flexible working to all our staff.
- Oversee the day-to-day management of client accounts and work with the Directors to develop integrated strategy and ideas.
- Build successful relationships with your clients, potential clients and wider external stakeholders.
- Manage junior team members and ensure our client work is of the highest quality.
- Keep on top of political and policy developments in Westminster, Whitehall, the developed administations and apply these insights to clients’ campaigns
- Support new business development through proposal and pitch preparation, marketing initiatives, content creation and external networking.
- Help create a positive, productive team culture and fun working environment.
You will be able to demonstrate a mix of some, or all, of the following skills, abilities and knowledge:
- Designing and executing public affairs plans encompassing both media relations and public affairs tactics
- Generating creative ideas for cross-discipline campaigns that integrate the best of new technologies with more traditional tactics
- Growing existing and winning new business
- Multi-tasking, strong writing skills and good attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of UK, EU and/or devolved political processes
- Inspire confidence from senior clients and instil it in colleagues
- Some agency experience is preferable
- A positive outlook and a passion for what you do
Salary: £38-50K (negotiable dependant on experience)
Benefits: 25 days holiday plus Christmas closure and half a day for birthdays, flexible hours, pension, investment in training and development
To apply for this role please send a covering letter with your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org by 14th June 2018.
Putting happiness at the heart of our business model:
In 2015, we set out to build the happiest communications agency in London. Our mission is to create a brilliant environment, in which our team feels challenged and supported in equal measures to produce powerful communications campaigns for clients.
Putting happiness at the heart of our business isn't fluffy idealism, it’s based on the proven business principle that happy staff are more creative and productive, which means they do great work.
Great work means happy clients, who stay with us in the long term, providing sustainable revenue and a high likelihood of referrals. In our latest annual satisfaction survey, our clients said they were 100% happy with the service our team were delivering. Healthy, long term revenue streams mean we can invest back into the company, training and supporting our staff as their careers develop.
You can read about Ellie's work experience at Atlas and decide whether we live up to our aims in her blog...
To help embed a happy culture as we grow, we’ve identified six key values that underpin the Atlas Partners approach:
- Brave – We call ourselves professional contrarians because we believe in the power of asking questions and challenging the received wisdom. You have to be brave to think differently. You have to be tenacious and believe in the quality of your work to speak truth to power. We will always encourage our team to be brave, professionally and personally.
- Creative – Good communications to engage political and media audiences have to be creative to compete in our ever more crowded modern world. We don’t believe you are born creative or not. Creativity needs inspiration, time and space to develop. We will apply practical tips and tricks to make our work more creative.
- Honest – Transparency and honesty are critical for effective lobbying and authentic communications. Democracy relies on decision makers having access to good quality information about the implications of their policies. Journalists need robust sources they can reply on for stories. Working in a regulated profession means we have to be unapologetically pedantic about the accuracy, timeliness and relevance of all our clients communications to politicians particularly.
- Empathetic – Emotional intelligence is essential to craft brilliant narratives to engage, persuade or manage crises effectively. Understanding how editors and politicians make decisions, who they listen to and how the system works is also critical for any media or public affairs campaign. In our dealings with clients, journalists, stakeholders and each other we will harness the power of empathy.
- Open – Nobody has a monopoly on good ideas. We encourage our team to be open to new ways of doing things and new sources of inspiration. Media relations and public affairs also involves working on hotly debated ideas, where an openness to perspectives counter to your own is an essential survival skill. We will always seek to be open to a diversity of ideas, experience and opinion.
- Collaborative – We want to build a team that is greater than the sum of its parts. We all need to be sensitive to different ways of working, our respective strengths and our own biases and weaknesses. A willingness to collaborate, support each other and learn from colleagues is central to our approach. We will bring people together to unlock our collective potential.